Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Today's Task: Cutting the Cord(s) to Save Money


I have a task to do today. One which will cause stress, and anxiety. Based on past experiences, I will be forced to repeat myself, deal with unpleasant people, and endure other frustrations.

After the shock of seeing my DIRECTTV bill this month, I must call their 800 number and determine why my bill went from $150 to $215 in one month! Prices go up, but this is ridiculous. I have been a customer for well over 25 years and have dealt with terrible customer service, abusive technicians and "glitchy" service.

Then, I have to call SiriusXM and do the same. I am not commuting at the moment and $20 a month is too expensive when others are paying less.

Sadly, the alternatives are not much better and the costs of cutting the cord have also risen; my Netflix bill is also more than double what it was when I began. Amazon Prime has also announced a huge increase in its rates. Most of the services that are comparable to what I have are add-ons. Pandora is one option, but I love my #PhlashPhelps and the other stations on my satellite radio service.

The difference here is that when there is a problem with #amazon you can eventually speak to a #customerservice person, who will attempt to assist. The same can't be said for #siriusxm, or #directtv and its parent company. You get a runaround, from operator in noisy phonebank, thousands of miles away.

Today our major corporations #outsource their customer service operations overseas. The pros are they are more affordable than setting up in-house customer service operations. Call center services offer trained agents who manage incoming inquiries, based on a script or guidelines that the corporation creates for them, yet they also engage in other services as well, including order management, complaints, technical support, and outbound marketing campaigns.

As most would agree, it makes me nervous, and it makes me furious. It also makes me sad.

We all would agree that there are #readyforwork candidates state-side who could perform these jobs, remotely. Countless #recruiters who could facilitate these placements and #traininganddevelopment personnel who could teach #customersatisifaction techniques which will result in a positive experience for the #subscribers. Undoubtedly, there are many #HR professionals who could on-board these workers.

It's a solution where everyone benefits, but it will never happen. The bottom-line will not allow it, and sadly, my bottom line will not allow me to pay these rising prices for non-essential services.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment