Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I'VE USE THEM ALL AND AVON'S MOISTURE THERAPY IS THE BEST!

You name it. I've used it, when it comes to treating my dry and sensitive skin. Who else do you know who is allergic to soap and band-aids?  Yes, I am, so I've learned a few tips which have kept my skin in great shape, if I do say so myself. First, you must moisturize and second, oatmeal is not just a breakfast food. Third, a gentle astringent will keep your skin clear, without drying it out. 

First the moisturizer. I've slathered them all on: LaPrarie, from Switzerland; Clinique; Estee Lauder, Oil of Olay and anything else that promised to keep my make-up from flaking. Then I began selling Avon and tried the no-frills Moisture Therapy line, because it is fragrance free, dermatologist tested and hypo-allergenic. And you know what, my dry skin disappeared. Through the years, others must have agreed because Avon has developed a complete line of Moisture Therapy INTENSIVE TREATMENT products including Extra Strength Cream, which keeps skin moisturized even if you skip a day; Moisturizing Lip Treatment with SPF 15; Body Lotion which boosts skin's moisture level by 175%. All of the products are fragrance free and Your Prescription for Hydrated Skin.

When choosing a moisturizer, remember to use one with a SPF 15 for day use, and heavier night formula after you remove your make-up. When applying, allow you skin to drink it in, and always apply it down the neck. Use a good hand cream, to prevent hand wrinkles!

Second, the oatmeal trick. This one was told to me by a friend of my mom when we discovered soap and food allergies were the cause of my break-outs. Take one part uncooked oatmeal and mix with three parts hot water (or put in microwave for 10 second increments) until the oatmeal softens. Then, add more water so it is a milky mixture. Use your fingers to smooth across your face, rubbing the flakes into the pores and leaving a thick covering on any blemish or pimple. Let it dry completely (you will feel the skin tighten). The take a warm, damp, white cloth and place on face, so the tight feeling disappears but do not remove just yet. Instead, let it dry again. After about ten minutes remove. Your face will feel clean and the pores will be almost invisible. Use the mixture at the first sign of a pimple. Share this with your teens. They will thank you!


Finally, use a Sea Breeze-like astringent at least once a week to keep the pores invisible and remove all the hidden pollutants and make-up that is absorbed into the skin. Apply to entire face with a cotton ball, paying special attention to your hairline, t-spot of nose, cheeks and chin and along the neck. Boys, as well as girls should start this practice at a young age.   

Good skin takes work, but it is worth it... pass it on! (if want to order the Moisture Therapy, email me and I will handle that too!)










No comments:

Post a Comment