Friday, February 18, 2022

Serve Up a Plate of Hearts of Palm Pasta

My first venture into a Weight Watcher’s meeting, now WW, was in 1992. After seeing a picture from a family wedding, I knew I had to do something. At the time, meetings could be arranged at a job site, with more than 12 participants. We were game, and it worked! I lost approximately 28 pounds and made lifetime; then I got pregnant; six weeks after the delivery, I had 7.5 to lose, and so became my personal struggle to maintain my weight.

Sold separately at Trader Joe's or in a two-pack on Amazon

Thankfully, the plan was always there, and each time I achieved lifetime, stopped attending meetings and regained a few pounds. Until six years ago this Sunday. After seeing a co-worker using her cell phone to work the plan, I returned to the local center, needing to lose 14 pounds to get back to goal and three months later I did; and kept going. Yes, I attended a weekly meeting religiously until the pandemic hit and meetings were canceled. I also took advantage of a wellness benefit at work to get a free gym subscription.

Eventually, I lost 27 pounds, and felt comfortable at 13 pounds below goal. Six years later, I still attend meetings, all be it, not weekly anymore due attendance limits established due to Covid-19, and use the app to scan and track everything I eat and drink. I make recipes to support my weight loss (and health) and walk, work out and research new foods that can help me stay motivated.

One recent find was the Trader Joe’s Hearts of Palm Pasta. At just $2.99 per 9-ounce box, the thin white strands are zero points on the plan. For the layman, it’s 20 calories per serving (three per box). It’s gluten-free, Kosher and vegan.  According to the Fearless Flyer “Trader Joe’s Hearts of Palm Pasta! Tender, mild-tasting, hearts of palm come from the center of palm trees. Nothing is added to this mild- flavored Pasta, which means it’s ideal for heating and tossing with a variety of different sauces.”

The result is a tasty, satisfying plate of pasta that you can enjoy guilt-free.  

For those who do not have a Trader Joe’s nearby, you can purchase a two-pack on https://amzn.to/3BuCxOU; I have also tried the Natural Heaven Hearts of Palm, after seeing a box at my local TJ-Maxx. Amazon shoppers can find them here https://amzn.to/35aJAjt as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment