Thursday, April 21, 2022

Ban on Plastic Bans Poses Dilemma for Pet Parents

As of today, nine states in the US have banned the use of plastic shopping bags. In these places, California, Connecticut, Delaware,Hawaii, Maine, New York, New Jersey, Oregon, and Vermont you must bring your own reusable bags. While I agree whole-hardheartedly with the
policy, it has posed an unrelated problem in our household. 

What do we do with the dirty kitty litter? I am very aware of recycling and try to extend the life of all items. I repurposed paper bags to drain fried foods, and plastic to dispose of the corn-based litter we use for our two cats. When the ban became effective in New York, in March 2020, I stocked up on the packages of pet waste bags in the Dollar Tree. There were 50 in a box; with two cats I use a lot! Soon I discovered that there were more per box if I purchased the almost identical product in the baby section. The Diaper bags had 75 per carton and they smelled like baby powder! I was thrilled. Until, I couldn't find either type of bags. 

Apparently, they are also scarce. After the epic failure of using sandwich bags, and the poor quality and higher cost per bag for doggies poop bags, I was determined to find an option.I turned to the internet and saw that they are hard to come by.

Then, I found my beloved Sassy Baby Disposable Diaper Sacks on Amazon. They come in various unit counts and I opted for the 200 count for just $6.57. Best of all, they arrived the very next day. 

 

Here's the details:










Color Lavender
Scent Lavender
Item Dimensions (LxWxH) 11 x 6 x 3.5 inches
Brand Sassy
Item Form Bag
Unit Count 200 Count










Click here to view


 


No comments:

Post a Comment