Thursday, September 15, 2011

Big chains need to beware, that their employees may not be representing their real mission statements. Today I went into a major drugstore chain with a toner cartridge I had purchased there several months ago. I no longer had the receipt and expected to exchange it for a toner for a different printer, which I knew was more expensive. When I went to the department, I no longer saw the brand on the shelf, so I patiently waited on line and explained to the cashier my dilemma. She called a floor manager to help me. The gentleman scanned the item and told me it was $16.99, but it was no longer carried, which I had seen when I went to the shelf. I asked if I could exchange it and he said yes. While I was browsing the shelf for the correct toner, he came up behind and said that the store NEVER carried that brand and I must have brought it elsewhere.

I mentioned, "but you scanned it and told me how much it was." He said, "we don't carry it and never did." Again I said, "but you scanned it and told me how much it was." He said "Maybe you bought it at another Walgreen's, but not here and I won't take it back."

As I left, I mentioned, how I was a regular customer, and that I was prepared to spend additional money, and was looking for a store credit- not cash. He was abrupt and adamant, as if I did something wrong. I walked to my car, and called my son... so I did not pull out immediately. As I turned around, he was yelling at my car... and startled me. "Come back inside, I will return it," he yelled nastily." I said, "I have to go home, my son is home alone." Now he is yelling that I NEED to come back and return the item.  Now, I was adamant that I was not leaving my car.

I am not sure what transpired, when I left the store, but even in trying to make amends for being wrong, he was disrespectful. What happened to customer relations?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment